ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc is an investments holding company which has a primary listing on the Lusaka Stock Exchange and secondary listings on the London and Euronext (Paris) Stock Exchanges under ISIN number ZM0000000037. The Company has majority of its investments held in the copper mining sector of Zambia.
ZCCM-IH’s majority shareholders are Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) with 60.3%, Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) with 17.3% shareholding, National Pensions Scheme Authority (NAPSA) with 15% and other shareholders with 7.4%.
The Client therefore seeks the services of an experienced Procurement Officer with the following expertise/skills.
1.0 JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- MCIPS or any Degree qualification;
- 3-4 years post qualifying experience in public procurement;
- Member of ZIPS;
- Strong working knowledge of public sector procurement processes;
- Significant experience of supplier relationship management; and
- A good up to date theoretical and practical understanding of procurement process including tendering, evaluation, negotiation and contract management.
2.0 RESPONSIBILITIES/MAIN DUTIES:
- Plan and manage all activities involved in sourcing, procurement, conversion, and logistics of goods, works services are done within the approved ZCCM-IH budget.
- Receive, record, efficiently and effectively review TORs, scope of work and specifications submitted.
- Plan, development/preparation of Bids/tenders/inquiry and Request for proposal (RFP) to ensure adherence to the approved procurement plan and ZPPA standard solicitation documents.
- Initiate and maintain records of all correspondences between procurement and clients.
- Ensure the procedures for receiving bids/RFP and preparation of minutes of the proceedings for bids/IEO/RFP opening is adhered to.
- Plan, prepare procurement papers, Local purchase orders, draft contracts and subject them to respective approvals as outlined in the ZPPA guidelines and against approved budget.
- Review submitted documents to facilitate payments to suppliers, Contractors and Consultants for Finance to pay.
- Prepare both weekly and monthly management reports and circulate to Head of Procurement.
- Assist Contract Managers in the execution of the contract based on the guidelines/procedures.
- Filing and record keeping.
- Keep abreast of all developments in area of specialization in order to continue to provide services to the highest ethical and professional standards.
3.0 COMPUTER LITERACY:
Applicants who meet the requirements listed above should submit their detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and professional Certificates to the address below not later than Thursday 15th September 2016.
The A/Human Resource Manager
ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc
Mukuba Pension House | 5309 Dedan Kimathi Road
P.O. Box 30048 | Lusaka | Zambia