Chambishi Metals Plc

Substantial cobalt and copper reserves & mining, refining & tolling of cobalt and copper

. Product/Service Copper concentrates
. Shareholding ZCCM-IH: 10%, ENRC Capital: 90%
. Sector Mining
. Location Chililabombwe, Copperbelt Province
. Website  

Company Profile

Chambishi Metals Plc is involved in the mining, refining and tolling of cobalt and copper. As part of the privatisation process of Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines Limited (“ZCCM Ltd”), Anglovaal Mining Limited (“Anglovaal”) acquired the Chambishi cobalt and acid plants and the Nkana slag dumps in 1998. In 2003, ENYA Holdings BV (“ENYA”) acquired Chambishi from Anglovaal, following which ENYA itself was acquired by the London listed Eurasian Natural Resources Company (“ENRC”) in 2010 for US$ 300mn in a related-party transaction; the founding shareholders of ENYA held approximately 15% of the shares of ENRC during the time of acquisition. ENRC, through its shareholding in ENYA, currently holds a 90% shareholding stake in Chambishi, whilst ZCCM-IH holds the remaining 10% shareholding.

Company Information

Chambishi Metals Plc

Kitwe / Chingola Rd, Chambishi,
P.O.Box 21151
Phone: +260 21 274 4555

Key Company Highlights

Chambishi is involved in the refining and tolling of cobalt and copper;
Has a refinery that produces LME primary cobalt metal and copper;
The Chambishi plant is the only plant in Zambia producing cobalt metal and is one of the largest cobalt metal producers in the world;
It is also unique as it is the only operation in the world which produces both LME registered cobalt and copper metals;
Has a nominal capacity of 6.8 kilo tonnes per annum (ktpa) of cobalt metal and 55ktpa of copper metal.

Chambishi Metals Extract from 2019 Annual Report

Chambishi Metals Extract from 2018 Annual Report

Chambishi Metals Extract from 2017 Annual Report

Chambishi Metals Extract from 2016 Annual Report

Securing Industries and Jobs

Chambishi Metals Smelter Operations Resume

No downloads found!