ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc.
ZCCM Investments Holdings plc (ZCCM-IH or the Company) is an investments holdings company with a primary listing on the Lusaka Securities Exchange and secondary listings on the London and Euronext (Paris) Stock Exchanges. The Company has the majority of its investments held in the copper mining sector of Zambia. ZCCM-IH’s shareholders are the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) holding 60.3% of the shares, Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) with 17.3%, National Pension Scheme Authority (NAPSA) holding 15% and private investors holding the remaining 7.4%.
ZCCM-IH holds equity investments ranging from 10% to 100% in 22 companies in Zambia. The Company is entitled to appoint persons to the Boards of the companies in which it holds shares (Investee Companies) as indicated below:
|Count||Investee Company||Shareholding percentage||No. of Board seats for ZCCM-IH|
|1.||Chambishi Metals Plc||10.0||1|
|2.||Mopani Copper Mines Plc||10.0||1|
|3.||NFCA Africa Mining Plc||15.0||1|
|4.||Chibuluma Mines Plc||15.0||1|
|5.||Copper Tree Minerals Limited||15.6||1|
|6.||CNMC Luanshya Copper Mines Plc||20.0||2|
|7.||Kansanshi Mining Plc||20.0||2|
|8.||Lubambe Copper Mine Plc||20.0||1|
|9.||Konkola Copper Mines Plc||20.6||2|
|10.||Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc||24.1||2|
|11.||Maamba Collieries Limited||35||2|
|12.||Consolidated Gold Company Ltd||45.0||2|
|13.||Central African Cement Ltd||49.0||2|
|14.||Rembrandt Properties Ltd||49.0||2|
|15.||Zambia Gold Company Ltd||51.0||2|
|16.||Investrust Bank Plc||71.4||6|
|17.||Limestone Resources Ltd||100.0||4|
|18.||Misenge Environmental and Technical Services Ltd||100.0||4|
|19.||Kariba Minerals Ltd||100.0||4|
|20.||Kabundi Resources Ltd||100.0||3|
|21.||Mushe Milling Ltd||100.0||3|
ZCCM-IH has, available for immediate occupation, non-executive Board seats in majority of its Investee Companies. The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced professionals and business practitioners to be considered for appointment as non-executive Representative Directors of ZCCM-IH on Investee Companies.
Summary of Duties and Obligations of Representative Directors
- The Representative Directors will be expected to exercise their business judgement to act in what they reasonably believe to be in the best interest of the Investee Company and ZCCM-IH and specifically to ensure ZCCM-IH’s investment value is enhanced and protected.
- In discharging this duty and obligation, the Representative Directors will be expected to rely on the honesty and integrity of the Company’s senior executives, its outside advisors, auditors and also on their own experience and analysis of core business.
- Representative Directors will be expected to attend Board and Committee meetings and to spend the necessary time needed to discharge their responsibilities. The Representative Directors will be expected to cause the receipt of the Board Packs in due time before the date of the meetings to facilitate adequate preparation.
- The Representative Directors will submit reports of the meetings and events attended pertaining to the Investee Company, highlighting the critical issues, outcomes, resolutions and any proposals deemed necessary.
Qualifications, Experience and General Competences of Representative Directors
The requirements for one to be considered for appointment as a Representative Director include the following:
- At least an undergraduate degree or equivalent from a respected university/qualifications body. A post graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- These educational criteria will not exclude exceptional candidates who do not meet them but have other demonstrated capabilities such as setting up and running successful companies of their own or other visible accomplishments which will add great value to ZCCM-IH;
- Over seven years extensive business management experience at a senior level such as Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer or such other senior levels.
- Exposure in an international environment will be an added advantage;
- Ability to read, understand and offer suggestions and comments on financial statements;
- Demonstrate competences in strategic planning and business leadership;
- Self-starter with visible leadership skills and the ability to be persuasive and persevering under, sometimes, trying circumstances;
- Knowledge of the mining sector will be an added advantage;
- Have no material relationship and or conflict of interest with the Company or any of its Investee Companies;
- Sufficient applicable experience to understand fully the legal and other responsibilities of an independent director of a company based in Zambia.
Suitably qualified women candidates are urged to apply as due consideration will be given to them in an effort to improve representation of women on the Boards.
Duration of appointment and remuneration
The appointment will be for a period of three years. Continued representation will purely be based on results of the annual assessments of performance of the Representative Director against goals and objectives agreed with ZCCM-IH.
The Representative Director will be remunerated according to the fee structure existing at the Investee Company on whose Board he/she is appointed.
Submission of applications
Interested professionals and business practitioners should submit signed applications with detailed curriculum vitae indicating contact telephone number or e-mail address, together with names and contact address of three traceable referees and copies of educational and professional qualifications to the underlisted on or before 25/11/2020.
The Company Secretary
ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc
ZCCM-IH Office Park
Stand No. 16806, Alick Nkhata Road – Mass Media
P.O BOX 30048
Download full document here: