ADDENDUM NO.1 TO THE INVITATION OF BIDS (IFB)
FOR THE PROVISION of Miscellaneous Insurance
Cover to ZCCM-IH
Reference is made to the above-mentioned tender.
- Notes to Bidders
- This serves to inform all Prospective Bidders in the named Invitation for Bids (IFB) that Addendum No.1 has been issued. The Purpose of this Addendum is to Provide clarification or correction regarding item no. 3 of the invitation for Bids (IFB), which must read:
Bidding will be conducted through the Open National Bidding (ONB) procedures specified in the Public Procurement Act No. 8 of 2020 and the Public Procurement Regulations of 2011 and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Bidding Documents.
In this regard, all terms and conditions of the Invitation for bids remains the same and reads as follows:
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Provision of Miscellaneous Insurance Cover to
ONB No.: ZCCM-IH/031/2021
- ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc. has received financing from own sources toward the Operating Expenditure for the 2022/2023/2024 Financial Years, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this financing to payments under the Contract for the Provision of Miscellaneous Insurance Cover to ZCCM-IH, Contract No.: ZCCM-IH/031/2021.
- ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the Provision of Miscellaneous Insurance Cover to ZCCM-IH in the following lots:
Lot 1 – Provision of Group Life Assurance (GLA) Cover for ZCCM-IH Employees – Duration: 3 years;
Lot 2 – Provision of Group Personal Accident (GPA) Cover for ZCCM-IH Employees and Board Directors– Duration: 3 years;
Lot 3 – Provision of Non-Life Insurance Cover to ZCCM-IH – Duration: 3 years; and
Lot 4 – Provision of Travel Insurance Non-Life Insurance Cover to ZCCM-IH Employees and Board Directors – Duration: 3 years.
- Bidding will be conducted through the Open National Bidding (ONB) procedures specified in the Public Procurement Act No.8 of 2020 and the Public Procurement Regulations of 2011 and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Bidding Documents. The following CEEC preferential treatment shall be applied as part of the evaluation:
3.1 Citizen-influenced company – 4%
3.2 Citizen-empowered company – 8%
3.3 Citizen-owned company – 12%
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the address below and inspect the Bidding Documents at this address from 08:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 – 17:00 local time, Monday to Friday inclusive.
- Qualifications requirements include:
i) Experience as a prime Service Provider of at least two (02) contracts of a similar nature and scope in the last three (03) years;
ii) Minimum of three (03) years experience in the provision of insurance services;
iii) Proof of having paid out up to ZMW2,000,000.00 in GLA claims in the last three (03) years;
iv) Demonstrated ability to settle claims within a period of 10 working days;
v) Liquidity per lot as follows:
Lot 1 – ZMW1,200,000.00;
Lot 2 – ZMW120,000.00;
Lot 3 – ZMW1,320.00; and
Lot 4 – ZMW40,000.00.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders ON THE SUBMISSION OF A WRITTEN APPLICATION to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Zambian Kwacha Five Hundred (ZMW500.00). The method of payment will be by Cash or Bank Certified Cheque.
- The address referred to above is:
Katongo D Kabwe| Procurement Manager
ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc ZCCM-IH Office Park
Stand No. 16806/Alick Nkhata Road
P.O. Box 30048 | Lusaka | Zambia
Telephone: +260 211 388000 | Mobile: +260 0966231187
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Web: www.zccm-ih.com.zm
- Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 10:00 hours on Thursday, 9th December 2021. Electronic bidding shall not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened physically in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below immediately after 10:00 hours on 9th December 2021. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Securing Declaration.
Download the full document here: Addendum No. 1 to the Invitation for Bids for the Provision of Insurance cover to ZCCM-IH